Sunday, July 24, 2011

Review - A living Nightmare by Darren Shan

Have you watched the movie Cirque du Freak? I have, and after I watched it I immediately looked for a second movie, but to my surprise there wasn’t one. That is when I started looking, and hoping, I would find a book series.
I found it. The Saga of Darren Shan. (Or Cirque du Freak series)
The first book of 12 *gasp* is Cirque du Freak -A living Nightmare. I read it fairly quickly. These books are teen/young adult level so they are a very easy read.
Darren was a normal kid. His friend found a flyer for a freak show, they went. Steve had saw one of the performers before -in his vampire book. Darren stole his performing spider, Madame Octa (he had a thing for spiders). Steve wasn’t a fan, and Madame Octa bit him. She was poisonous. Only one person knew how to cure Steve. Darren goes to Mr. Crepsley(the vampire), and asks for help. In return for the antidote Mr. Crepsley wants Darren to become his assistant.
Do you say yes, give up half your life to save your best friend?
Go ahead, read the book. Its better than the movie! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment